Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Busy little girl

I can't believe my little girl will be two years old next month! I had one of those moments the other day when I looked over at her sitting on the couch next to me. She was able to crawl up on the couch by herself and sit next to me - her legs stretched out and she looked so big. She can say so many words now and the last few weeks have really just been an explosion of her vocabulary and personality.

Ali has been a busy little girl these days with baking, washing, entertaining her little brother, and shopping.

Here is Alison helping her mommy bake muffins. Squishing the egg shells between her fingers was her favorite part:



What's a mom to do when you run out of ideas on how to entertain your toddler when it's zero degrees outside? Fill a cake pan with soap and water, sponges and toys, and let her go at it! (I admit that I stole this idea from ECFE.)


Alison is having an in-depth, heart-to-heart conversation with her little brother:


We went shopping today and, as Ali's Nana Marlene would say, this hat "just jumped in my cart":

1 comment:

  1. Adorable pictures as usual. Ali is getting to be quite the little girl. Seems like forever since I've seen you guys. Hopefully now that the weather is nicer, we'll see more of you.

    That cake pan full of soapy water and sponges thing ... you know what that would have looked like at my house after about 1/2 of a second? Would have been a picture of me @$$hole and elbows up wiping it off the floor! :) :) You are BRAVE!

    Love, Auntie Ginger

    ReplyDelete