Monday, April 6, 2009

Ahhh, feel the love.

Although two weeks shy of her second birthday, my dearest Alison has officially embarked on the "terrible twos." She is still a dear little girl, but a fair majority of many days is spent crying, whining, demanding, and crying some more.

But today was different. Alison was in a pretty good mood all day long. She ate most of her lunch and dinner, actually slept an hour during naptime, played nicely with her brother and actually shared toys with him, didn't throw a tantrum when it was time to pack up and leave the library and gym, and was happy to play games and read books instead of demanding to watch Barney or, God forbid, the Teletubbies.

After nap, Alison was cuddly. She took my head in her hands and began studying my face closely. She took her soft, chubby little hands and stroked my cheeks. It was enough to make a mom get teary-eyed, it was that sweet. Then, while looking deeply into my eyes, my darling little daughter crinkled her nose and said:

"Ewww, Mommy icky."

Feel the love.

1 comment:

  1. Oh just wait ... the love gets deeper as they get older. I'm the "I hate you" and "you're the meanest" stage. Oh the "joy" of parenthood! People tell me it's worth it when you get grandchildren ... I hope I'm alive to see that!

    Luv ya!

    ReplyDelete