Thursday, November 12, 2009

November Fun at the Park!

The kids and I have really enjoyed this late burst of nice, sunny autumn weather this past week. If it's 50 degrees by the time we finish lunch, we pack up and head to the park at the end of the block. We spent nearly two hours there on Tuesday (and only headed home because a certain little girl started doing the "I have to go potty" dance.) Yesterday was a bit chillier since it was a little windy, so the kids wore hats with their spring coats. We are just trying to eek out every bit of outdoor-time that we can before the snow falls. A good, long trip to the park after lunch equals two aired-out peanuts that will take a nice afternoon nap for mommy.

All bundled up and ready for the park:



The Peanuts' first airplane ride together:


12 months old and already trying to climb a ladder?!

Alison spent quite a bit of time building some serious sand castles:



Christopher enjoyed the swing:

Christopher tried to crawl through the blue tunnel:


And now it's Alison's turn:


Alison helping her little brother go down the slide:


We are going to miss these sunny days outside. But I know that winter will bring more joys of watching the bundled-up kids play in the snow together, drink hot chocolate, Christopher's first trip to visit Santa, and their first sled trip with their daddy. I guess maybe I'm looking forward to winter after all.






2 comments:

  1. So cute, Holly! You're kids are so lucky to have such a wonderful, loving mommy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Can't wait to see the kids in a couple of weeks (oh yeah, you too)! :)

    ReplyDelete