Friday, January 16, 2009

Nothing is guaranteed.

I've been following the story of Matt Logelin for a few months now. Perhaps you've read about him in the Star Tribune. He lives in California but is a MN native. Matt and his wife welcomed a beautiful baby girl last March. His wife died suddenly and unexpectedly the day after giving birth. Now, he struggles with the joys and challenges of raising his little girl on his own while still dealing with the grief of being a widower.

Here is his blog for anyone interested: http://www.mattlogelin.com/

This story often crosses my mind when I'm struggling with my own issues of being a mother and wife. Whenever I think I have it rough because my kids are screaming and I'm tired and Bryant is working or late, or Bryant and I are bickering over something mundane like painting doors - I think of this guy's story. Life is way too short and way too precious. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.

1 comment:

  1. So very true! Thank you for this post- it is a good reminder to be thankful for each day!

    ReplyDelete