Saturday, January 24, 2009

Not much new here

but it's been a few days since my last post so I feel compelled to come up with something.

It is cold. Very cold. And I'm still struggling with different things to do to get Ali out of the house every now and then and burn off some energy. We look forward to Thursday mornings now when we have our new ECFE class at the school just down the block. Ali and I both love it. We are also lucky that our friends Rachael, Claudia and Wilson and Angie, Coco and Elliot are in the same class. What a great time for moms and kids alike to get out the house for a few hours.

Today we had a fun playdate at Sarah's house in Stillwater with Gillian and Crisha. Mmmm...homemade mac 'n cheese and chicken fingers (thanks Sarah!). Ali had a good time chasing Larry the cat and showing everyone her muscles. Unfortunately she slept most of the way home so now she is in her room protesting nap time.

Ali is talking more and more every day. She is putting sentences together like "Daddy wash Elmo" (in the bathtub) and "Mommy color too" (when she wants me to color with her) or "No water, more juice". She has also counted to 3 on a few occasions, and - I say this with great pride - has consistently peed in the potty about twice a day for a couple of weeks now. She also loves to brush her teeth. She takes it pretty seriously:





(hey, sometimes you just get tired and need to have a seat).

Chris is my mellow lil' man whose big three interests right now are nursing, pooping, and watching his big sister. He is still sleeping about 5 hours at night which I can't complain about. When I was pregnant with him, I felt bad because I couldn't imagine loving anyone as much I loved Ali and that somehow this second child might be short-changed in the love department. But, as all parents with more than one child say, your heart truly does grow bigger and you love all of your kids more than you ever thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment