I should post this at least every month and not just around Thanksgiving. But it's that time of year when you reflect upon all of your blessings and realize how much you have to be thankful for. The Peanuts and I lead such a blessed life that I know I missing many things on this list. Perhaps I'll keep updating, but this is what I have on my mind right now.
1. Two healthy children.
2. A healthy husband + my own health.
3. My hard-working, supportive husband.
4. My husband's job, which although it takes up much of his time, affords me the opportunity to stay home full-time with the Peanuts.
5. Our cozy little house.
6. My wonderful and supportive mom and dad.
7. My no-drama, no-stress, healthy relationship with my sister and brother and their children.
8. Being a small-town farm girl at heart.
9. Supportive and loving in-laws.
10. At the age of 35, I still have two grandmas with me.
11. My children's insane, loud, hilarious laughter when I tickle them.
12. Wonderful friends - and the children of my friends, who have now become the Peanuts' friends.
13. My overflowing pantry, cupboards and freezer.
14. My washer and dryer. Although they always seem to be running, they are in my house and don't require quarters to operate.
15. Living in Minnesota. I love it here.
16. Our health insurance.
17. Putting the Peanuts down for the night after their baths, in their warm and clean pajamas, in their warm and clean beds.
18. Alison telling me, "Mama, you so beautiful."
19. Christopher smiling that gap-toothed grin and saying "Mama! Mama!" over and over.
20. Our good neighbors who are friendly, helpful, quiet, and most of all, cook some mean southern barbeque.
21. My Chevy Tahoe. Although my dad says I need a shovel to clean out the backseat, it gets me and kids where we need to go.
interview with cnn & maddy’s first race.
12 years ago
I love this! You are right, everyone should do this much more often. (I would of course second number 12!)
ReplyDelete